LDTPv2 a complete rewrite of LDTPv1 in Python. This release is dedicated to Eitan Isaacson. Eitan wrote the LDTPv2 framework and important API's in LDTPv2 !
My co-workers in VMware Ranjith Murugan, Gaurav Sharma and Anupa Kamath, did a wonderful job in verifying the compatibility of LDTPv1 and v2. Special thanks to them and my manager Greg McShea on supporting this effort.
Special thanks to Ara Pulido for tracking the LDTPv2 status and pushing us to make the release at the earliest, as Ara wants to include LDTPv2 in Ubuntu Lucid, before feature freeze.
Following are the difference between LDTPv1 and v2:
* getlabel function is deprecated - you can use getobjectproperty('winodw', 'objectname', 'label') # To verify the display text
* Label in v2 doesn't return the accelerator key (eg: in v1 "_Find" will be returned on v2 just "Find" is returned)
* Strict data types are checked, in v1 most of the inputs are considered as string, if not they will be converted to string, but on v2 exception will be
thrown, if incorrect type is passed to any function * In v1 we have ldtp binary, on v2 we need to check ldtpd.sh for now, this doesn't return the version for now, it has to be implemented, if you check for "ldtp --version" in v1
* In v1 each action command was given 1 second sleep time internally before execution, but on v2 there is no delay unless its set in environment variable LDTP_COMMAND_DELAY. So, the script has to use appropriate wait time
* As Javier (from Ubuntu QA team) found, launchapp, argument name changed from 'arg' to 'args'
Some of missing API in v2:
* Calendar object
* logFailures in v1 is not implemented in v2
* LDTP logging methods
* label object
* panel object
LTFX is completely removed in LDTP v2 in favor of wnck implmentation
Download LDTPv2 source from http://download.freedesktop.org/ldtp/2.x/2.0.x/ldtp2-2.0.1.tar.gz
Will schedule binary package building for different Linux distribution using openSUSE Build Service - http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/anagappan:/ldtp2:/
For detailed information on LDTP framework and latest updates visit http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
For information on various APIs in LDTP including those added for this release can be got from http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/user-doc/index.html
Report bugs - http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/wiki/Bugs
To subscribe to LDTP mailing lists, visit http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/wiki/Mailing_20list
IRC Channel - #ldtp on irc.freenode.net
 - http://monotonous.org/
 - http://ubuntutesting.wordpress.com/